Green Glue Soundproofing Compound dramatically reduces sound vibration and improved soundproofing performance in commercial, residential and industrial walls, floors and ceilings. Green Glue is applied between two sheets of ridgid building materials (ie. drywall, plywood, MDF, Rockboard, etcetera). Green Glue rapidly converts sound energy into heat for superior noise control for your soundproofing projects.
Green Glue Bulk packaging for huge savings! For large projects over 730 sq ft, we recommend using Green Glue Pails. Green Glue pails are used with proprietary Speedload Dispenser. For smaller projects under 730 sq ft, we recommend using Green Glue tubes. Green Glue pails are used with proprietary Speedload Dispenser.
Soundproofing for Walls, Ceiling and Floors
- Green Glue dramatically improves sound isolation and soundproofing performance when applied to walls, ceilings and floors.
- Green Glue has superior low frequency isolation compared to other soundproofing solutions.
- Green Glue notably outperforms; Quiet Sheetrock, Soundboard, Resilient Channel, Mass Loaded Vinyl and Double Drywall and Insulation.
- Simple and fast installation with less waste, can be used over existing walls and ceilings
- Fastest Bulk Green Glue Application using Speedload Dispenser
- Light viscoelastic material; squeezes easily from tubes
- Low VOC and odor; qualifies as a green building material
- Easy Soap and water cleanup
- Packaged in recycled plastic pails and boxes
Green Glue Technical Information:
- Tube Size: 28 oz tube
- Tubes per Case: 12
- Tube Coverage: 192 sq ft at 2 tubes per 4’x8′ sheet
- Pail Size: 5 gallons (640 fl oz)
- Pail Coverage: 365 sq ft at 2 loads per 4’x8′ sheet
- Working Time: 30 minutes
- Cure Time: 30 days
- Odor: Very Mild – Temporary
- Fire Rating: Class A
- Application Temp: 40-90 deg F
Green Glue Installation:
View for complete Green Glue instructions or Speedload Instructions. Apply 1-2 tubes or SpeedLoad loads per 4×8 sheet of standard building material. Three tubes/loads is technically an optimal coverage density, but performance is not significantly better than two tubes/loads. Save yourself some money.
- Install random pattern to the back of drywall or subflooring.
- Press the board into place.
- Screw board to framing following local building codes.
Green Glue will wash off with soap and water when wet, but like most glues it becomes more difficult to remove when dry.
Allow 30 days for maximum performance.