Acoustical Putty Pads are UL classified for both non-metallic and metallic outlet boxes to prevent the spread of smoke, fire and toxic gases. Putty pads are sized to cover standard size outlet boxes and are designed to work with sound rated wall assemblies.
Putty Pads Features:
- UL classified
- Maintains acoustical ratings per ASTM C 919 and ASTM E 497
- Testing to UL 263 (ASTM E119) and UL 1479 (ASTM E814)
- Outstanding adhesion to outlet boxes and other substrates
- Non-Hardening, permanently resilient
- Complies with Section 712.3.2 of 2006 IBC
- UL listed for metallic and non-metallic outlet boxes
Putty Pads Technical Data:
Unsealed outlet boxes are known to weaken the soundproofing rating (STC) in acoustic assemblies. A wall designed for noise control will not perform to expectations when outlets are unsealed, particularly when outlets are back-to-back in the same stud cavity. Acoustical Putty Pads can be hand formed around the back of the outlet and light boxs to prevent this common sound leakage problem in stud walls.
- Package: 10 pads per box
- Thickness: 1/8″
- Size: 7.25″ by 7.25″
- Color: Red
- Cure time: none
- Application Temp: About 32˚F
- Flame Spread: 5
- Smoke Index: 15
Putty Pads Installation
- Remove the release paper from the Putty Pads.
- Inspect the fire rated outlet box to make sure it is properly installed and free of dirt and oil.
- Starting at side of the box, align the Putty Pad to front edge of box and overlap onto the stud.
- Cut the Putty Pad to allow the pad to fit around conduits or cables.
- Pleat the extra material at the corners
- Fold the pleated corners into place and firmly press the Putty Pad into place so that the entire surface of the back of the outlet box is covered.