Serena Mat® Soundproofing Floor Underlay is the premier product for soundproofing floors, reducing footfall noise (IIC) and blocking airborne sound (STC), all in one step. Serena Mat Floor Underlay can be used on many floor types, with any sub floor assembly, without making any changes to your current construction. For details on soundproofing your floor make sure you take a look at our "How to Soundproof a Floor" solution article. If you cannot deal with the problem floor itself and want some peace and quiet in the room below make sure you read "How to Soundproof a Ceiling."
Serena Mat® Underlay Features
Serena Mat® Underlay has been used extensively in soundproofing installation projects, including both new construction and renovations.
- Manufactured from 93% recycled materials.
- Made in the United States.
- Serena Mat adds weight to the floor, blocking airborne sound and giving it a high STC rating.
- Serena Mat absorbs the noise from footsteps on rigid floors. You will hear fewer footsteps from above.
- Serena Mat® Underlay can be used to “float” a new double layered sub floor, effectively decoupling the direct connection - an excellent option when compared to poured gypsum topping and an additional plywood sub-floor.
- Serena Mat Floor Underlay can be glued down directly for engineered hardwood flooring.
- Resists mold, mildew and fungal growth.
Serena Mat® Specifications:
- Material: Serena Mat is comprised of three different densities of recycled crumb rubber, bonded into sheets.
- Pattern: Flat, textured
- Thicknesses: 3/16″ or 3/8″. The 3/16" thickness performs lightly less well than the 3/8", but is a perfect solution for when 3/8" height can't be accommodated.
- Size: 4′x25′ (100 sqft)
- Weight: 3/16” is 75 lbs per roll, and 3/8” is 140 lbs. per roll
- Color: Black
- Flammability: Pill Test CPSC Std. FF 1-70 PASSEDR-Value: ASTM C518 0.14-.019
- Tensile Strength: ASTM D412 (psi)129 min (5/64” thick mat)
- Installation: Latex adhesive