The WhisperClip is lab-tested to be the highest performance resilient isolation clip available.
WhisperClip has superior low-frequency performance. The WhisperClip system decouples drywall from the stud or joist framing and offers additional flex and resilience.
- Decouples your ceiling and walls to reduce footfall and reduce airborne noise.
- For use in both new construction and remodels/retrofits.
- Double screws provide secure connections, even when using 25-gauge steel studs.
- WhisperClip's pivot head allows for more versatile installation along any framing system.
- Length: 4 1/4"
- Height: 1"
- Width: 1 1/4"
- Vertical Spacing: 24" when using two layers of Type X Drywall
- Other Spacing: 16" when using three layers of Type X Drywall
- Horizontal Spacing: 48"
- Design Load: 36 lbs per clip
Drywall Furring Channel (Hat Channel)
- Height: 7/8"
- Width: 2.5"min. - 2.75"max
- Length: Typically 12'
- Gauge: 20
- Splicing: 6" minimum overlap, secure laps with 2 steel framing screws
Quick Installation Instructions:
Install WhisperClips in an array to the edge of the stud or joist, as opposed to the original framing. This will support rows of steel drywall furring channel. Again, no drywall fasteners will be installed through the drywall into the original framing.