Serenity Mat Floor Underlay can reduce footfall noise (IIC) and block airborne sound (STC) all in one step. Serenity Mat Floor Underlay can be used on many floor types, with any sub floor assembly, without making any changes to your current construction.
For details on soundproofing your floor make sure you take a look at our “How to Soundproof a Floor” solution article. If you can not deal with the problem floor itself and want some peace a quiet in the room below make sure you read “How to Soundproof a Ceiling“.
Serenity Mat Soundproofing Underlayment
- 93% Recycled Materials
- Made in USA
- Serenity Mat adds weight to the floor, blocking airborne sound giving it a high STC rating.
- Serenity Mat absorbs the noise from footsteps on rigid floors. You will hear fewer footsteps from above.
- Serenity Mat™ Underlay will be used to “float” a new double layered sub floor, effectively decoupling the direct connection An excellent option when compared to poured gypsum topping and an additional plywood subfloor.
- Serenity Mat Floor Underlay can be glued down directly for Engineered Hardwood.
Soundproofing Hardwood Floors:
Option 1: Wood floors are typically installed using hundreds of nails. These nails direct connections from the flooring to joist framing to ceiling below. This connection to transmit sound vibration into the rooms below. Serenity Mat Floor Underlay can be used to isolate a new layer of plywood over the existing subfloor. Once installed we will then have a floating nail-base we can nail into. The flooring nails will not reach the floor framing below, and consequently break the connection between the floor and ceiling below.
Take care if the floor has valleys & crowns as the plywood may not lay flat. This may require a concrete Tapcon screw to be installed and later removed when the glue dries. You can set a bag of sand or heavy object as well.
Soundproofing Laminate Floors:
Unlike nailed wood floors there are no nails to connect the floor directly to the joist, but sound still has an easy time vibrating the subfloor that is directly connected the joist and drywall ceiling below. Using Serenity Mat™ underlayment helps to decouple the floated floor from the subfloor, reducing the sound traveling to the room below.
Serenity Mat™ Soundproofing Flooring Underlay Features
The Serenity Mat soundproofing floor solution has been used in hundred’s of new and renovation installation projects.
- 93% Recycled Rubber
- Made in USA
- Easy to install
- Material: Serenity Mat is three different densities of recycled crumb rubber bonded into sheets.
- Pattern: Flat Textured
- Features: Resists mold, mildew and fungal growth.
- Thickness: 5/64″, 3/16″ and 3/8″
- Size: 4′x25′ (100 sqft)
- Weight: 5/64” is 35lb roll, 3/16” is 81 lb roll, and 3/8” is 155 lbs a roll
- Color: Black
- Flammability: Pill Test CPSC Std. FF 1-70 PASSEDR-Value: ASTM C518 0.14-.019
- Tensile Strength: ASTM D412 (psi)129 min (5/64” thick mat)
- Installation: Latex Adhesive