Listed Price: Get Best Price
The WhisperClip is lab tested to be the highest performance resilient isolation clip available. Superior low frequency performance. The purpose of the WhisperClip systems is to decouple drywall from the stud or joist framing, as well as to introduce additional flex or resilience. The WhisperClips are installed in an array to the edge of the stud or joist. This clip array will support rows of steel Drywall Furring Channel. The drywall is not fastened to the drywall, but rather fastened to these rows of Drywall Furring Channel. Again no drywall fasteners will be installed through the drywall into the original framing.
- Decouple your ceiling and walls to reduce footfall and reduce airborne noise
- Use WhisperClip in new construction or remodel projects
- Double screws provide secure connections, even when using 25 gauge steel studs
- WhisperClip’s pivot head allows for more versatile installation along any framing system
For complete Technical Specifications see the Whisperclip Datasheet page.
- Length: 4 1/4″
- Height: 1″
- Width: 1 1/4″
- Vertical Spacing: 24″ when using 2 layers of Type X Drywall
- Other Spacing: 16″ when using 3 layers of Type X Drywall
- Horizontal Spacing: 48″
- Design Load: 36 lbs per clip
Drywall Furring Channel:
- Height: 7/8″
- Width: 2.5″min. – 2.75″max
- Length: Typically 12′
- Splicing: 6″ minimum overlap, secure laps with 2 steel framing screws
Sound Isolation Clips / Decoupling Clips
To properly isolate, we want to start with decoupled framing. This can be accomplished by using Soundproofing Clips and Drywall Furring Channel (Hat Channel / Track). This system performs two main functions. First, because rows are spaced in rows 24″ apart (generally), the drywall is attached with far fewer contact areas. Second, Soundproofing Clips and Drywall Furring Channel are resilient. They allow a wall to flex, and this increases sound isolation as well as lowering the troublesome primary low frequency resonance point.
How Soundproofing Clips Work
The second important feature of the resilient clip and channel array is the introduction of resilience. Because the channel is attached every 48” by a resilient clip, the 48” span is allowed to flex slightly. This flex is very important to the systems overall performance.
Quick Installation Instructions