Green Glue can be used to soundproof walls, floors and ceilings. Green Glue is used in both new construction and building upgrades and renovations.
Case Coverage (12 tubes per case)
- 1 Case of Green Glue with 2 tubes applied to 4’x8’ sheet will cover 192 square feet
- 1 Case of Green Glue with 1 tube applied to 4’x8’ sheet will cover 384 square feet
Fully illustrated Installation Manuals provided with product purchase.
1. Apply Green Glue in a random pattern to second layer of drywall.
2. Lift and firmly press second layer of drywall into place.
3. Fasten drywall to framing following local building codes.
Green Glue Coverage
The ideal coverage should be uniform throughout the sheet using 1 - 2 loads/tubes. Do not use more than 3 loads/tubes per sheet since too thick a layer will cause performance to drop. Green Glue will compress to a thin film. This film will not be continuous, and there will be desirable gaps and pockets in the coverage.
Cleanup - Green Glue is Sticky
There is nothing harmful about Green Glue, but warn your installers that it can be tough to clean up after it has dried. Take precautions such as drop cloths and latex gloves when using Green Glue. Take care to remove the Green Glue from unwanted surfaces before it dries. Use 70% Isopropyl Alcohol to clean up Green Glue.
Green Glue Dry Time
Assemble the Green Glue panels within 15 minutes after Green Glue applied. Sheets must be screwed together while the Green Glue is still wet.