The Soundproofing Company offers high quality solutions to achieve maximum sound dampening, sound isolation and overall noise reduction. Our solutions for soundproofing walls are ideal for commercial, condo, apartment, and residential walls, home theater rooms, recording studios, or any other space where noise travels through walls.
Check out our case studies to see how we've helped customers just like you solve their stickiest soundproofing problems.
Our Best Soundproof Walls Solution
- "Level 3" - Commercial quality sound isolation
- Double stud wall assembly
- Highest performance decoupled isolation
- Best for heavy loads
- Best for low frequency bass
Our Standard Soundproof Walls Solution
- "Level 2" - Light-duty residential noise reduction
- IB-1 soundproofing clip & channel wall
- High performance decoupled isolation
- Lowest profile, higher performance solutions
- Not for heavy loads (cabinets, TVs, etc.)
Our Basic Soundproof Walls Solution
- "Level 1" - When cost is the primary consideration
- Single stud wall w/Green Glue
- Less isolation, drywall shares one stud (coupled)
- Not recommended for 16" OC framing
Additional wall soundproofing resources
Acoustical Reference Only. We do not suggest installing Staggered stud walls due to the shared top and bottom plate. This causes problems in the acoustic performance.
Clips perform two main functions. First, because they are spaced in rows 24″ apart (generally), the drywall is attached with far fewer contact areas. Second, clips and hat track are resilient. They allow a wall to flex, and this increases sound isolation as well as lowering the troublesome primary low frequency resonance point.
Acoustical Reference Only: We do not suggest installing Resilient Channel walls. They test well in the lab but when installed in the field they are seriously prone to malfunction.
Mass Loaded Vinyl (MLV) is a classic sound transmission blocker, but limited in real life performance. Due to MLV’s flexibility, it is ideal for use with ducts, pipes and steel framing.
Standard 5/8” Type X gypsum wall assembly. Great mass at 70+ pounds a board and cheap at $12 a sheet, but a single layer it does not do much to stop sound.
Get started today.
The Soundproofing Company wants to make sure your job is done right the first time; that's why it's so important that we talk before you purchase anything. These consultations are part of our service and are offered at no cost to you.
We have the lab reports, materials, diagrams, SIMS (Soundproofing Installation Manuals) and experience and you need.